Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Only WEDNESDAY~!!

Wow! It has been a crazy few days! We have lots of new material at work that is needing lots of my attention. I also went home on Saturday! It was a short weekend but I am glad I got to spend it with the family.

I did something Saturday Morning that I never want to do again. I did yard work! It was hard and I got dirty and I hope to never do it again! Well, I have a feeling that doing yard work will be inevitable with the possibility of buying a house with a yard in my near future, but still, it was hard work.

ACU and our Adopt-A-School Rock Quarry Middle School worked together to do landscaping in the front of RQMS. First we had to move the rocks they had covering the entire ground area. Then we have to dig holes. (holes the size of Texas) However, I dug 3 holes by myself and 1 more with the help of a co-worker. After we dug holes we had to mix the dirt together and plant the trees and shrubs. The actual planting was mostly done by the landscaping company we had out there to help us, but still we did a lot of work.

I have posted a few pictures of our project below. It was hard work but it was very rewarding to see how good the area looked after we were done.







Beside’s doing yard work I am once again house hunting. Instead of the SMALL condo that I live in now I am looking for a larger house with a good size backyard. However, I want to stay close to the central Tuscaloosa area. This makes house hunting lots of work. However, I have a great realtor named Trica Gray! I have found a subdivision that I like and I am now trying to figure out what to do with my condo. Let me tell all ya’ll home buying virgins a secret; buying a home sucks. There is a lot of little expenses here and there, you always have to consider the resale value and the appraisal value and in this economy you are always second guessing yourself in terms of rates. Will rates drop again, will they stay the same. WHO KNOWS.

Home buying is stressful and not near as much fun as the HGTV shows make it out to be.

Wish me luck as I continue looking at houses and weighting my option.

No comments:

Post a Comment