Sunday, January 29, 2012

What A Weekend!

Andrew and I have had a very exciting weekend---we bought a car, picked a wedding venue, picked the date for our big day and picked our photographer!

We had been planning to start the wedding process this weekend for a while, and I had made appointments at my top two venues and at a photographer that I really liked. But before we could make it to the first venue I made an offer on a car! We had been looking for a new car for a few weeks but had made no serious offers but earlier this week I found a car that had everything I wanted and was a good deal-- but the decision maker for me was when I showed it to Andrew and he loved it as well. Up until this point we had not found anything we both liked and could afford--because we both agreed that a new Mercedes would be awesome but let's be realistic! We bought a Nissan Maxima that's black with black leather. It has a navigational system, a back-up camera and to say the least it has more features than I will ever be able to figure out but Andrew has spent tons of time in the garage playing with it.

I was so excited that my offer was accepted on Friday but I was even more excited that our families would get to see it while we started our wedding planning! Our fist venue to look at was The OAKES in Centerville. My sister-in-law Amanda found this location a few weeks back for us and I just had to see it! Everything about it was wonderful! The next stop was The American Village in Montevallo. While I have driven by the American Village I had never been inside before but it was just as beautiful as I imagined! After leaving the American Village I told Andrew I did not know how we were going to decide between the two venues. But before I could dwell on the daunting task of picking between two great locations we meet with a photography company we had found- LoveStruck! It's two wonderful ladies who take beautiful pictures and have great personalities. After looking at more of their great work I asked what we needed to do to book them!! I am not sure who was more excited me or them because this was the first actual wedding decisions I had made since saying "yes"!

After visiting the locations and meeting with the photographers we had dinner with both of our families--yes I mean everyone! It was wonderful to see everyone while we were in town and talk about the decisions we had to make concerning the wedding. After all of that Andrew and I headed back home to Annie and Bo. We were worn out but I all I could talk about was the pros/cons for each location. Andrew said we have all weekend don't worry--but me being me I woke up first thing Saturday and started asking Andrew more questions about which location he thought would work best and before 10 a.m. we had made a decision. But before I share the decisions we made I wanted to share some pictures from both locations!

These are the pictures from The Oakes





These are the pictures from the American Village




Sooooo. The decision we made is that we will get married at The OAKES on June 1, 2013!

2 comments:

  1. I love The Oakes! It was beautiful and will be even MORE beautiful on your wedding day! Congratulations on making these major decisions and getting them out of the way...quite an accomplishment this early!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEE.... So great! While I can't speak from personal experience at either location and I am judging solely on the pictures, I think you chose the best place! I love the pictures from The Oakes! It looks like a great location. P.S. I just wrote in my calendar for June 2013 so it's official in my book!! LOVE you! miss YOU!

    ReplyDelete